Start a new topic

Install PHP script in Pack

Hi,

I have 2 questions: You provide a  PHP script on your Complete pack that includes App, Mobile, Smartphone and Web. Where do you install the PHP script to detect and load different design for different Devices? I am assuming that it goes in one index but which one?

The second question: I want to install one of the templates into an auction website, I have to resign all the auction templates using the mobile website templates as base. Do I have to do that with all the Mobile, Smartphone and Web templates?

Regards,

Tradock

2 people like this idea

yes, you have to edit them all separately,

Hi,
Thank you for your response; I still need to know which is the PHP script to detect and load different design for different Devices and do I have to load all the files including the App and Web?

Regards,
Tradock

1 person likes this

Index.php needs to be in the public.html folder, as well as the web, mobile, smartphone, app etc folders....if you open either of these folders i.e web....you will find the index.html files in each respective one, Bellow is an example of how these files should be in the public.html folder

png
(10.2 KB)

SO YOUR QUICK TO ASK QUESTIONS WHEN YOU WANT HELP, BUT QUITE FRANKLY IT'S RUDE NOT TO SAY THANKYOU.........ESPECIALLY WHEN I KNOW NO ONE ELSE WOULD OF HELPED YOU. TRUST ME NO ONE ELSE WOULD OF HELPED YOU. 

1 person likes this
I am really sorry, I am not the person who takes help or people for granted, I apppreciate the help that you have offered, especially that you took the time to illustrate how the files should like like! So I hope I didn't offended you and the rest of the community. Once again Thank you, not only you helped but also clarified what needs to be done.

Regards,
Tradock

1 person likes this

Ahhh your very welcome, it's been my pleasure :)

1 person likes this

@D3Seven thanks for helping community :) (y)

1 person likes this

No problem....much appreciated

1 person likes this
Hi,
I have another question; In my own website I have a folder named images and you also have the same in every template: Can I place my logo and the rest of images in this folder as well?. Since the entire website will have to be loaded on every template. I appreciate all your help and support.

Regards,
Tradock

1 person likes this

well... you could put your images in there but in order to use them you would have to change the code and re-name the link to the images. The best way I have found is to simply design your images around the template images. For instance open up the template image that you would like to re-place in photoshop (from the template image) 2: simply place your images and make it fit (in a new layer). Delete original layer/image. 3: Save. save for web and replace over the original in the template images folder.

Long story short replace template images with your own, making sure not to change file extensions or sizes.

Bear in mind this must be done to all versions of the template ie: Mobile version, Smartphone version, as obviously the sizes are different relevant to versions.

Hope that helps

2 people like this
Hi D3Seven,
Thank you so much! That really helped.
Regards,
Tradock

1 person likes this

Just wanted to say thanks to D3Seven for the advice! w3layouts.com has awesome templates, but needs to develop an FAQ section pronto... even if it's just tips and tricks such as this one, but compiled properly -- for example, this discussion has a title re: PHP, but it provided a good answer on images as well.

My two cents -- thanks again!

--vw

1 person likes this

Your all very welcome, yes I agree......a community would be a start, but yes a FAQ section should be more helpful than it is.

Many thanks

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment